So this recipe is not really Latin, but boy is it delicious! As a child, this breakfast is what we would always call our "Sunday Breakfast". We still do to this day, actually. :)
Note: This isn't a breakfast for dieters! :)
What You Need:
- 1 Italian bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of Spam
What To Do:
- Split your Italian bread in half. You actually want half of the bread per person!
- Cut each piece lengthwise and butter both sides.
- Slice the Spam into slices that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry the Spam until brown and a bit crispy on both sides.
- While the Spam is frying, in a separate pan, fry your eggs.
NOTE: Technically, you can have your eggs however you'd like (omelet, scrambled, etc), but this dish works best with sunny side up eggs.
- Place the eggs and Spam into your Italian bread - creating a breakfast sandwich.
NOTE: The reason you want sunny side up eggs is because once the yolk breaks inside of your Italian bread, it will drip down onto your plate, giving you a sauce to dip your sandwich in. I know it sounds weird, but it is SOOOOO GOOD!!!
Serve while hot, and alongside coffee or orange juice.
P.S. - If you're like me and absolutely LLOOVVEE Spam, check out my friend's website: http://spamwithspam.wordpress.com