So my recipe is probably nowhere near as good as Bobby Flays and definitely not as good as Jorge Ayala, but its simple and easy and tastes good to me! :)
What You Need:
- 3 cups of Goya’s Canilla extra long grain white rice.
- chicken pieces (my mom likes to throw all the pieces of a chicken in there - legs, thighs, etc. but personally, i love this dish best with only chicken breast pieces. so try the breast of a 3 lb chicken - cut into pieces, for starters)
- 2 tablespoons of Goya Corn Oil
- 1 packet of Goya Sazon
- 1 8oz can of Goya Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Goya Adobo
- 3 tablespoons of Goya Sofrito
What To Do:
- Rinse the rice clean at least three times. NOTE: you don't want any starch from the rice in this dish. it will be way to sticky.
- Season your chicken pieces with the adobo, sazon - and if you have any, a little bit of garlic powder.
- NOTE: try to season the chicken at least 15 minutes before you start cooking. you want the seasoning to really saturate the meat.
- Heat the oil in a 8 quart rice pot over medium heat.
- Add the sofrito and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and 2 cups of water.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and more water to cover everything in the pot. Stir. Cover and allow to cook for 30 more minutes.
- Stir one last time.
- Cover once again and cook for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy this one pot dish!!!!
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 55-60 minutes