One of the reasons this recipe is so great, is because it is so versatile! You can use any chicken you have on hand for this. My mom used to buy chicken parts already cut up - thighs, legs, etc. My husband's mom would buy a whole chicken and cut up the parts she didn't need for meals the rest of the week. Use whatever you have, and enjoy! You can eat this chicken as is, but I suggest placing it over white rice. Delicious!
What You Need:
- About 2 pounds of chicken parts
- 1 packet of Goya Sazon
- 1 8oz can of Goya Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Goya Adobo
- 3 tablespoons of Goya Sofrito
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quarted
NOTE: So far, this is all the ingredients I would use for my Pollo Guisado. However, you can also add green/red peppers, diced onion, minced garlic or a bay leaf - all for extra flavor.
What To Do:
- Rub the Sazon, and Adobo all over the chicken parts.
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan. Best if you use your rice pot.
- Cover the chicken entirely with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, than lower to medium.
- Cover the chicken and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add Sofrito, Tomato Sauce, Potatoes (and anything else you've chosen) into the pot.
- Cover again, and cook for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve over rice, and
Total Prep Time: 5 minutes (depending if you cut the whole chicken yourself)
Total Cook Time: 55-60 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe is also great for busy moms with