The first time I had this dish was at a friend's house - and I have to tell you that I practically ate the entire dish by myself! The combination of sweet and savory will make your mouth explode with delicious-y goodness! Try it out!
What You Need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Goya Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of White Vinegar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Yellow Plantains (see picture in previous blog)
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, using a fork, crush together the garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Once crushed, mix in the oil and vinegar.
- Add the ground beef to the seasoning mixture.
- In a frying pan, fry up the ground beef until thoroughly cooked and brown. Set it aside for now.
- Peel the plantains and slice (at an angle) into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat with a bit of olive oil, fry the plantain slices until golden on each side. (about 5 minutes per side)
- Grease a casserole pan.
- Place a layer of plantains on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with a layer of ground beef.
- Continue this layering until all the food has been used.
- Pour the eggs over all layers.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours.