Rice Pudding is such a great treat for kids! It's different and it's healthier than most other desserts out there. Some people like to serve it at room temperature, but I personally love it right out of the fridge.
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup of Goya’s Canilla extra long grain white rice.
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of raisins (your favorite brand - the raisins really MAKE this dish)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, mix together the milk, rice and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the rice is tender. (This should take about 20 minutes)
NOTE: You need to stir constantly so that you don't end up with half of your rice stuck to the bottom of the pot!
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and brown sugar.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, mix 1/2 cup of the the rice into the egg/sugar mixture. This will slowly increase the temperature of the egg without cooking it.
- Once done, add the egg/sugar/rice mixture back into the pot with the rest of the rice and stir.
- Keep the heat on low until thickened. About 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the raisins and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Total Prep Time: 0-5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30-35 minutes