Friday, February 13, 2009

Red Beans: The Easiest You Will Ever Make

Now that I’ve told you how to make the perfect white rice, I’d like to let you in on white rice’s perfect complement: Red Beans. These are super easy to make and only take about 10 minutes.


You Will Need:


- 1 can (15.5 oz) of Goya Red Kidney Beans
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoons of Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning.*
- 1 packet of Goya Sazόn.
- 4 oz of Goya Tomato Sauce.

Directions:

- Grab a medium sauce pan, put it over medium heat.
- Add the entire can of Kidney Beans.
- Cut the onion in half and place both halves (whole) into the beans. You will take this out right before serving.
- Add the Adobo, Sazόn and Tomato Sauce.
- Let it simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Serve on top of white rice.

ENJOY!!


* Note on Adobo. There are so many different kinds of Goya Adobo out there: Low Sodium, with pepper, without pepper, etc… Just pick the one that is right for you and your family. I prefer the one without black pepper, and then I just add my own freshly ground black pepper.


Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I have recently discovered Adobo. It has changed my world of hating to cook and making simple things. Now at least they are a bit more exciting.

    ReplyDelete