Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Odd Tradition...

So because this tradition still boggles my mind, I thought I'd put it out there for the rest of the world to know about and discuss...

Ever since I was little, my mom & dad (and just about every adult I knew) would put cheese in their coffee!! I kid you not!
If my dad sent us to the store to buy breakfast, he would always say, "don't forget the queso de papa!". Check out this picture I found:



Of course, there are different brand names, but queso de papa is actually a cheese common in the Caribbean that is similar to a Colby cheese. I also thought it was plain old American cheese!

So we'd buy this cheese for our parents, and they'd cube it up and drop 2 or 3 cubes right into their hot cup of coffee. I still don't get it! I guess cheesy coffee is the way to go, but for me, I'll just stick to milk & sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment